Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noritake GU128x32-311 displays
I have a noritake graphic display GU128x32-311 display.

I belive it was a application specific type, because its L shaped, but im not sure.

It has an on-board hitachi HD6433258F CPU

The datasheet also tells the pinouts of teh display, and it can hook up to an 8-bit interface such as a parallel port.

Of couse there isnt any diagrams to hook it into a parallel port, because nobody has attempted to make one because there isnt a driver available.

I was wondering if you could support these displays? I have one collecting dust as i have no way to use it.

Im not a coder in any way possible.
i found this datasheet but i cannot create a wiring neither can i say that this lcd is working with a lcd driver because the datasheet doesnt say how to interface the lcd.

i did an request at noritakes website for full specs. so please be patient, with a little bit of luck we get a n1 datasheet.

Attached Files
.pdf   GU128X64_311.pdf (Size: 464,77 KB / Downloads: 1.413)
Current stable version of LCDHype: 0.7.6
New plugin: Notepad++ Bookmark Manager
New music: Nordwise - Empire transition
Ah. heres my post. lol.

BTW, this is the same datasheet i have.

I dont know how to interface this to the parallel port.

Im going to wait and see if you can come up with anything.

BTW your LCDhype is awsome! it can drive my 4x20 VFD. the only one that can.

People think that this noritake i got is HD44780 compatible, in fact its not. its only HD66712 compatible, which is also LCD. But, your plug in drives it! thank god!

but id really appriciate it if you can get this paperweight graphic VFD working

Thx!

the only issue is 10fps. that doesnt sit well with a spectrum, but hey, it works.

the only issue is 10fps. that doesnt sit well with a spectrum, but hey, it works.

Try a higher Priority with %Common.Priority(), e.g. the fastest ist %Common.SetPriority(1).

For more Questions please ask in scripting area because this is not an hardware question.
nm, i figured that out last night.

Thanks! i love this program, i have lots of control over this display.
Im not sure if this helps at all, but on the graphic display i have, there is a number written on the board pointing to the hitachi cpu. "CPU-H8"

thx
ALSO,

I have a 4 x 20 noritake character display we have more hope for.
its a CU20045SCPB-T23A.

I found the parallel port hookup diagram at vfdworld.com, but im in the same boat with this one. I need a driver.

All the opcodes are available in noritakes datasheet, unlike the vfd300 i have.

Also, if you wrote the driver for this, it would support the entire line of the T displays, as they all use the SCPB microcontroller.

They got some bad to the bone T series 4x40 displays. I have the 4x20

Attached Files
.pdf   Noritake_CU20045SCPB_T28A_4x20_VFD.pdf (Size: 539,26 KB / Downloads: 681)
I learned a lesson, I got the spectrum in realtime now, but, NEVER set the priority 1.

especially when you have other services in the background runnin.

I set it to 1, and the spectrum went super fast, but the whole 2.4ghz machine choked down and crashed.

i think you have a too high exectuion time. try getting it lower in the lcd options by setting "customize" and try different execution times.

a priority of 1 shouldnt hang up your system if its a 20x4 lcd.
Did noritake email you back on the information for the GU-311 display?

Any news on the 4x20 display?
no noritake doesnt have any further information about the lcd, but i think i can get the 2 lcds working. but it would be nice to have the display with me for better and faster testing.
i'm new, found this place while searching for info on the Noritake cu20045scpb-t23a. have either of you figured out a way to output to this VFD?
no i am planing to create a driver for it but i need a lcd with me because driver development isnt funny without a lcd.
well, if it helps any, it has epson sed2000f's (3) and an scpb-t (1) which appears to be a mitsubishi chip, i dont remember seeing that in the PDF>
any more news?

even on a raw driver?
sorry dont have time these days to create a new driver. but i didt forget it rolleyes.gif
i tryed to create a driver for the noritake t-series. ok lets make a forcast, the driver doesnt work smile.gif

Attached Files
.dll   noritake_tseries.dll (Size: 88 KB / Downloads: 397)
Hi All!

I just purchased 2 GU128x32-311 VFD panels off of Ebay. I looked at the datasheet from the link you provided and it does not match the units I purchased. Is the correct datasheet available?

I think I may have screwed the pooch with this purchase. I can't find any real info about this VFD.

They were really cheap! I hope I can get them to work!

Thanks

Pen
hang on, i have to hook the vfd back up again.
YES!!!

it works!!!

one problem, no spectrum.

Also, i had to do some hacking with some of the files to get it to work, because there was 3 that were missing.

I just copied them from anohter folder in the controllers directory.

the text works great!

but, no custom chars.

need to work on that.